VisAg Advantage provides an efficient and consistent method for all operators/growers. By keeping consistent expectations, we position all VisAg acres to be marketed for specialty crops, food labels and the general land stewardship and best practices creating a sustainable operation for our landowners. Carbon sequestration is of vital importance.
Below are the VisAg Advantage practices required of all growers:
- Protect soil health
- All operators must use no-till/strip-till practices
- Cover crops used when deemed beneficial
- Maintain soil nutrients & microbes
- Split applications of fertilizer/apply seasonally for optimal absorption
- Increased use of cover crops for residual breakdown & to decrease soil erosion
- Better nutrient placement
- Track major steps of the growing cycle for consumer transparency
- We do systemized reporting of how, where, who grew crop currently
- We are programming a more advanced databased for trackable food labeling planned to be rolled out code by 2021.
- Carbon Negative Crops/Carbon sequestration
- Carbon credits may be available for food processors after carbon research is completed
- Growers show environmental impact of how crop was grown through above tracking methods